UNDER CONSTRUCTION PRESCHOOL ACTIVITY PACK
This construction-themed activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles. It’s filled with 16 literacy & math printables plus 4 hands-on project ideas for a total of 20 amazing construction activities!
Get the Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs and save over 20% (which means you get 4 packs for FREE!)
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
8 LITERACY ACTIVITIES:
1. Construction Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 construction-themed word cards. Each word comes in 2 fonts: traceable font and solid font. Also includes 3 activity pages for students to write these words if you choose to do a “Write the Room” activity with them and 1 page of pictures for them to “Color the Room.”
2. Build a Compound Word: Have your little one put two pictures together (on bricks) to build a compound word. Includes 8 compound words.
3. Dump Truck Rhymes: Your little one will sort picture cards into either the “at” truck or the “it” truck. Includes 18 picture cards to sort. Great for working on those foundational phonemic awareness skills.
4. Construction Vowels: Work on short vowels a, e, i, o, and u with this fun activity! Your little one will sort the picture cards into the correct short vowel sound. Includes 20 picture cards to sort.
5. Road Name: Editable: This editable activity will be so much fun! You can type in the letters of your little one’s name before you print. Then have them line up the letters to spell their name.
6. Fill the Wheelbarrow Trace & Race: This activity includes 2 fun ways to play: a tracing game and a gross motor racing game! Both are working on motor skills (fine motor and gross motor) and will be a hit with your preschooler.
7. Which One Doesn’t Belong? Your little one will work on critical thinking skills by figuring out which picture doesn’t belong in the group. Then they can find the picture that does belong and add it to the group. Includes 10 groups of pictures.
8. Construction Letter Match: This activity will help your little one match uppercase and lowercase letters together. It will also allow them to practice their letter sounds. Includes all 26 letters of the alphabet.
8 MATH ACTIVITIES:
1. Fill the Toolbox: Your little one will roll a die, find the tool that corresponds to that number, and add it to their toolbox. This gives our preschoolers a chance to work on subitizing, one-to-one correspondence, and higher level thinking skills.
2. Measure the Buildings: Introduce standard vs. nonstandard units of measurement with this activity. Includes 6 buildings for students to measure with a tape measurer or ruler (standards) and play dough or rocks (nonstandard).
3. Roll & Cover: Your little one will practice subitizing by rolling a die, finding the corresponding number on their mat, and covering it. Includes two mats: Numbers 1-6 and Numbers 1-12.
4. Construction Sign Patterns: This one is my favorite and so much fun! Students will make patterns out of the construction signs. You can add velcro to the signs and mat (like we did) to keep the signs in place (and use these mats for free play!)
5. Same or Not the Same: Your little ones will determine if the two numbers are the same or not the same. Includes Numbers 0-20 and equal/not equal signs.
6. Dig Up the Rocks: This activity will introduce your little one to addition up to 10. They will choose an addition card, build the problem, and figure out the total. Includes 24 addition cards.
7. Ways to Make 10: This activity will introduce your little one to different ways to make 10. They’ll choose a card and build to 10 on the ten frame using orange and yellow manipulatives.
8. Big, Medium, and Small Construction Trucks: This activity includes 6 different trucks. Each truck comes in 3 sizes: big, medium, and small. Your little one will sort the trucks into the correct groups.
4 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Construction Sensory Bin: Your little one will LOVE this sensory bin (and you’ll love how easy it is to put together!)
2. Block Building: Build a tower up to the top of the tape! Or build a tower using a certain number of blocks.
3. Sounds Town: This activity helps your little one practice the sounds in their name.
4. Cup Build & Bulldoze: Build the tower of cups and then bulldoze them and try again!
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
Looking for MORE Thematic Activity Packs? I’ve got you covered!
- All About Me
- Community Helpers
- Way Out in Space
- Nocturnal Animals
- Fairy Tale Fun
- Under Construction
- A Day at the Zoo
- Things That Go
- Polar Habitats
- Nursery Rhymes
- Way Out West
- Dynamite Dinos
- What’s the Weather?
- Busy Bugs & Insects
- Extraordinary Earth
- Gardens That Grow
- Under the Sea
- Vets Love Pets
Or save time and money by choosing my Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs! You’ll save over 20%, which means you get 4 packs for FREE!
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.