NURSERY RHYMES PRESCHOOL ACTIVITY PACK
This nursery rhymes activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles. It’s filled with 16 literacy & math printables plus 4 hands-on project ideas for a total of 20 amazing activities!
Get the Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs and save over 20% (which means you get 4 packs for FREE!)
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
NURSERY RHYMES ACTIVITIES:
This pack reviews 7 different nursery rhymes. Inside the pack, I’ve included links to You Tube videos for each nursery rhyme so you can review the rhyme before doing the literacy & math activity for the day.
I’ve also included one printable page for each nursery rhyme that you can hang up or use as a reference.
WHAT IS A NURSERY RHYME?
1. Nursery Rhymes Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 nursery rhyme word cards. Each word comes in 2 fonts: traceable font and solid font. Also includes 3 activity pages for students to write these words if you choose to do a “Write the Room” activity with them and 1 page of pictures for them to “Color the Room.”
2. Nursery Rhymes Numbers: Have your little one choose a card, name the number, and show the number in the ten frame. Includes cards with numbers 0-10.
HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE
3. Hey Diddle Diddle Alphabetical Order: Your little one will fill in the circles to complete the alphabet. They can write the letters or use letter tiles. This activity includes both uppercase and lowercase letters.
4. Hey Diddle Diddle Are There Enough?: This is a great game to develop your little one’s critical math thinking skills. They will choose a cat card and a fiddle card, and then they will determine if there are enough fiddles for each cat to have one. Includes numbers 1-10.
JACK AND JILL
5. Jack and Jill Words: This activity focuses on the sound /j/. Your little one will sort the word cards into “Starts with /j/” and “Doesn’t start with /j/.” This is an oral exercise to practice their phonemic awareness skills, so you will read the cards to them. Includes 20 word cards.
6. Jack and Jill Exercises: Movement is so important in learning, and this activity will get your little one up and moving! They will roll a die, identify the number, and do that many of a certain exercise. Then they will add that many water buckets to the hill. Focuses on subitizing numbers 1-6.
LITTLE MISS MUFFET
7. Little Miss Muffet Letter Match: Have your little one match the lowercase letter on Little Miss Muffet’s bowl to the uppercase letter on the spider! Includes all letters.
8. Little Miss Muffet Number Slider: Have your little one slide the slider to reveal one number on Little Miss Muffet’s bowl and build that number. Then have them build a number with 2 less and a number with 2 more. Includes sliders with numbers 2-20.
HICKORY DICKORY DOCK
9. Hickory Dickory Dock Word Families: Your little one will match the top of the clock (with one letter) to the bottom of the clock (with a word family). Then they will blend and read the word. If it’s a real word, they will find the matching picture. Word families include -ab, -en, -ip, -og, -ut.
10. Hickory Dickory Dock Position Words: Place the mouse on the correct area of the clock to practice position words, such as above, below, in front of, behind, and more! Includes 9 position cards. (You can make or draw your own clock for this activity.)
MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB
11. Mary Had a Little Lamb Who Had a Little Lamb?: Get your little one thinking about similes with this activity! They will think of a different color for a lamb and compare it to something else, such as “yellow as lemonade.”
12. Mary Had a Little Lamb How Many Cotton Balls? Estimation: Your little one will be introduced to the concept of estimation in this activity. They will estimate how many cotton balls it would take to fill up the sheep on the card. Then they will use cotton balls to find the actual number and compare it to their estimation. Includes 6 sheep cards.
ITSY BITSY SPIDER
13. Itsy Bitsy Letter Sounds Game: Practice beginning sounds with this fun board game! You and your little one will take turns rolling a die, moving around the board, and saying the beginning sound of each picture. But if you land on a rain cloud, you lose a turn!
14. Itsy Bitsy Subitizing Bingo: Another game for you to play with your little one! This time, you’re practicing different ways to make 8. You will take turns rolling a cube, identifying the way to make 8, and covering it up on your Bingo board. The first one with 5 in a row wins! Includes 2 different Bingo boards.
15. Humpty Dumpty Sequencing: Have your little one cut out the pictures and paste them in the correct order to retell this nursery rhyme.
16. Humpty Dumpty Play Dough Shapes: Your little one will first match up all the shapes (there are 2 of each shape). Then they will pick a shape to put on their mat and say, “Humpty Circle sat on a wall. Humpty Circle had a great fall!” Then they will make that shape out of play dough on the wall. Includes circle, diamond, hexagon, octagon, oval, pentagon, rectangle, square, trapezoid, and triangle.
4 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Little Miss Muffet’s Curds and Whey: Follow this recipe to make curds and whey just like Little Miss Muffet. Will your little one try it?!
2. Hickory Dickory Dock Name Clock: Make your own clock that will be perfect to use with the Hickory Dickory Dock Position Words activity.
3. Itsy Bitsy Spider Craft: This super cute spider craft is also great for developing fine motor skills!
4. Humpty Dumpty Egg Experiment: Can your little one drop an egg from up high without it breaking?! This fun experiment will give them a chance to be engineers!
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
Looking for MORE Thematic Activity Packs? I’ve got you covered!
- All About Me
- Community Helpers
- Way Out in Space
- Nocturnal Animals
- Fairy Tale Fun
- Under Construction
- A Day at the Zoo
- Things That Go
- Polar Habitats
- Nursery Rhymes
- Way Out West
- Dynamite Dinos
- What’s the Weather?
- Busy Bugs & Insects
- Extraordinary Earth
- Gardens That Grow
- Under the Sea
- Vets Love Pets
Or save time and money by choosing my Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs! You’ll save over 20%, which means you get 4 packs for FREE!
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.