GARDENS THAT GROW PRESCHOOL ACTIVITY PACK
This garden-themed activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles who LOVE plants & flowers! It’s filled with 16 literacy & math printables plus 4 hands-on project ideas for a total of 20 amazing activities!
Get the Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs and save over 20% (which means you get 4 packs for FREE!)
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
8 LITERACY ACTIVITIES:
1. Garden Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 garden-themed word cards. Each word comes in 2 fonts: traceable font and solid font. Also includes 3 activity pages for students to write these words if you choose to do a “Write the Room” activity with them and 1 page of pictures for them to “Color the Room.”
2. Garden Syllable Smash: Help your little one count out syllables in a hands-on way with this syllable smash! Your little one will use the vocabulary cards and play dough for this activity.
3. Sunflower Sequencing: Work on sequencing skills & fine motor skills with this cut and paste activity.
4. Sunflower Play Dough Mats: Continue learning all about sunflowers with these sunflower play dough mats that show the life cycle of a sunflower. Includes 4 play dough mats.
5. Spin a Vegetable Garden: This game is a blast! The goal is to get one of each item so you can start your vegetable garden, and the first one who does is the winner! You’ll take turns spinning and choosing items. Great for practicing visual discrimination and taking turns.
6. Flower Power Tic-Tac-Toe: Do you remember how much fun it was to play Tic-Tac-Toe as a kid?! Have your little one play this flower-themed version, and you’ll both have a great time! This game is great for working on visual discrimination skills.
7. Onset-Rime Garden: This activity is perfect for working on beginning reading skills. Your little one will roll the “onset” cube and “rime” cube to create a word, and then they can work on blending the sounds together. Each word is a CVC word (consonant-vowel-consonant).
8. Garden Beginning Sounds: Review the beginning sounds of the letters with this hands-on activity! Your little one will match the correct letter to each picture. (*Letter X is the ending sound in Ox)
8 MATH ACTIVITIES:
1. Same or Different: Build beginning math skills with this hands-on activity. Your little one will decide if the number and flower card are showing the same number or different numbers. There is also space for them to build each number to help with this. Includes numbers 0-20 as well as the equal/not equal signs.
2. Garden Pattern Cards: Use these cards to make different types of patterns! Reviews AB, AAB, ABB, ABC, AABB, & ABCC patterns. It also includes action cards so your little one can make patterns with their movements!
3. Favorite Flower Graph: Your little one will ask family and friends, “What’s your favorite flower?” and use that information to create their very own bar graph!
4. Farmer’s Market: This math activity leads perfectly into imaginary play! Your little one will pretend to be working at a farmer’s market fulfilling customer orders. They’ll choose a card and count out the correct number of vegetables. (This game is my favorite since the names on the customer order forms are the names of my students!)
5. I Can Make 5 & 10 Flowers: Your little one will work on addition to 5 and addition to 10 with this activity. They’ll choose a card, fill in the flowers, and make an addition sentence. Includes 12 cards.
6. 2D Flower Sort: Your little one will sort the 2D flowers into “Shapes with straight lines” and “Shapes with curved lines” and put them onto the correct pots. Includes 2 of each shape so you can also use these cards to play Memory or Go Fish. Reviews circle, diamond, hexagon, heart, crescent, trapezoid, oval, triangle, pentagon, rectangle, square, & star.
7. Vegetable Rulers: Your little one will use the vegetable rulers to measure different pictures and objects around the room. Great way to introduce nonstandard units of measurement.
8. Plant a Flower Garden: Your little one will roll the die and add play dough to the flower stems to create colorful flowers!
4 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Sunflower Craft: This is our favorite sunflower craft that your little one is sure to love!
2. Fruit Flower Snacks: Fun ideas for fruity colorful snacks that are delicious & easy!
3. Spring Bookmarks: Print out this spring bookmark and have your little one color it in to create their own unique bookmark! (*Includes printable)
4. Flower Candy Pretzels: Learn how to make a sweet & salty snack called Flower Candy Pretzels. Yum!
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
Looking for MORE Thematic Activity Packs? I’ve got you covered!
- All About Me
- Community Helpers
- Way Out in Space
- Nocturnal Animals
- Fairy Tale Fun
- Under Construction
- A Day at the Zoo
- Things That Go
- Polar Habitats
- Nursery Rhymes
- Way Out West
- Dynamite Dinos
- What’s the Weather?
- Busy Bugs & Insects
- Extraordinary Earth
- Gardens That Grow
- Under the Sea
- Vets Love Pets
Or save time and money by choosing my Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs! You’ll save over 20%, which means you get 4 packs for FREE!
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.