UNDER THE SEA PRESCHOOL ACTIVITY PACK
This ocean-themed activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles who LOVE learning about ocean animals! It’s filled with 16 literacy & math printables plus 4 hands-on project ideas for a total of 20 amazing activities!
Get the Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs and save over 20% (which means you get 4 packs for FREE!)
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
8 LITERACY ACTIVITIES:
1. Under the Sea Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 ocean-themed word cards. Each word comes in 2 fonts: traceable font and solid font. Also includes 3 activity pages for students to write these words if you choose to do a “Write the Room” activity with them and 1 page of pictures for them to “Color the Room.”
2. Syllable Scuba: Your little one will be so excited to go on a scuba diving trip…but what animals will they see? Have your little one choose an animal card, clap out the syllables, and move along the game board. The first one to the end wins!
3. ABC Order Ocean Animal Puzzles: Have your little one practice letter identification and alphabetical order with these fun puzzles! Includes both uppercase and lowercase letters.
4. Mammals & Not Mammals Animal Sort: This activity helps preschoolers deepen their scientific knowledge by learning which animals are mammals and which are not. Includes a cut and paste recording sheet.
5. Shark Word Attack: This fun activity helps your little one practice blending onsets and rimes. They’ll choose a card, determine the letters in the word based on the key, and blend the sound to read the word. Includes 24 word cards.
6. Which Sound Changed?: This phonemic awareness activity will help your little one determine which sound changed from one word to the next. They’ll choose a card, say the names of the two pictures (ex: bat-hat) and determine if the first, second, or third sound changed. Then they’ll smash a ball of play dough on the correct circle. Includes 24 picture cards (8 change the beginning sound; 8 change the middle sound; 8 change the last sound).
7. Spin & Create Compound Words: This activity helps preschoolers create compound word, which is a great phonological awareness activity. They’ll spin the spinner, name the picture, and find a picture on the mat that can combine with the first word to create a compound word (ex: They spin a “book” and find a “shelf” on the mat to create “bookshelf.”) Includes 13 compound word cards.
8. Ocean Animal Color by Code: This is a hands-on phonemic awareness activity that includes 3 levels of difficultly. Your little one will identify the beginning sound of each small picture, and then they’ll color that space according to the key. Includes 5 different ocean animal scenes: Shark, Octopus, Fish, 2 Fish, & Whale.
8 MATH ACTIVITIES:
1. Sea Animal Sliders: Your little one will move the slider to reveal one number, and then add that number of animals to the ocean. Includes 4 different number strips: 1-10, 11-20, addition, and subtraction.
2. Escape the Shark: Uh oh! The shark is chasing the fish! How many will she catch? Your little one will explore subtraction from 10 in this hands-on activity.
3. Jellyfish Feelings: Your little one will work on oral vocabulary as well as graphing skills by rolling the cube, naming the jellyfish feeling, and marking it off on their graph. Keep going until one jellyfish gets all the way to the top!
4. Feed the Whale: Here’s another hands-on way to practice one-to-one correspondence…by feeding the whale! Your little one will choose a card and feed the whale that many scoops of “krill” (which could be colorful rice or pom poms). Includes numbers 0-10, plus a blank card so you can write your own numbers if your little one is ready for a challenge!
5. How Many Fish in the Sea?: Your little one will choose a card, count the fish, and match the card to the correct number on the mat. Includes numbers 0-10.
6. Dolphin Dinner: Use the same fish cards from “How Many Fish in the Sea?” to determine how many fish the dolphin ate for dinner! You can also make this game multi-sensory by filling a bag with blue hair gel and adding some gems. Then have your little one put the bag over the dolphin’s mouth and push the correct number of gems into the mouth to show the correct answer.
7. Sea Turtle Eggs: Your little one will practice number bonds and basic addition with this hands-on activity. They’ll choose an addition card, count out the correct number of sea turtle eggs (we used mini marshmallows for this), and then add to find the total. There are two sets of addition cards: Addition up to 5 (15 cards) and Addition up to 10 (15 cards).
8. Count the Sharks: Your little one will practice subitizing by matching the correct hands, tally marks, and shark cards to the number. Then they’ll fill in the ten frame to show the answer. Includes numbers 1-10.
4 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Under the Sea Shaving Cream: This is a MESSY activity, but your little one will love it!
2. Under the Sea Water Play: Quick and easy sensory play idea that you can start right after you’re done with the Under the Sea Shaving Cream.
3. Beach Sensory Bin: Use kinetic sand and blue gems to create an ocean-themed sensory bin your little one will love.
4. Blue Ocean Writing Bag: Practice fine motor skills in a multi-sensory way!
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
Looking for MORE Thematic Activity Packs? I’ve got you covered!
- All About Me
- Community Helpers
- Way Out in Space
- Nocturnal Animals
- Fairy Tale Fun
- Under Construction
- A Day at the Zoo
- Things That Go
- Polar Habitats
- Nursery Rhymes
- Way Out West
- Dynamite Dinos
- What’s the Weather?
- Busy Bugs & Insects
- Extraordinary Earth
- Gardens That Grow
- Under the Sea
- Vets Love Pets
Or save time and money by choosing my Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs! You’ll save over 20%, which means you get 4 packs for FREE!
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.