WHAT’S THE WEATHER PRESCHOOL ACTIVITY PACK
This weather-themed activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles! It’s filled with 16 literacy & math printables plus 4 hands-on project ideas for a total of 20 amazing activities!
Get the Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs and save over 20% (which means you get 4 packs for FREE!)
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
8 LITERACY ACTIVITIES:
1. What’s the Weather Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 weather word cards. Each word comes in 2 fonts: traceable font and solid font. Also includes 3 activity pages for students to write these words if you choose to do a “Write the Room” activity with them and 1 page of pictures for them to “Color the Room.”
2. Sunny Day Letter Puzzle: Have your little one work on beginning letter sounds with this puzzle! They’ll lay the lowercase letters over the correct beginning sound to make a sunny day picture! Note: Letter X is the ending sound in fox.
3. Raindrop Syllables: Your little one will sort picture cards into 1, 2, 3, and 4 syllables. There are 24 picture cards to sort.
4. Rhymes with Sun: Have your little one sort picture cards into “Words That Rhyme with Sun” and “Words That Don’t Rhyme with Sun.” Includes 20 picture cards.
5. Rainbow Opposites: Your little one will work on building vocabulary by matching opposites together! Includes 12 opposite puzzles plus a recording sheet to color in each rainbow puzzle after you put it together.
6. Weather Words: Practice word families with this fun activity! Your little one will choose a picture card, use the key to determine the onset and rime, and then read the word. Includes 36 picture cards that cover word families -ap, -em, -in, -op, -ug, & -at.
7. Weather Color by Code: There are four different Color by Code pictures to choose from! Each picture reviews 4-5 letters (both uppercase and lowercase).
8. The Water Cycle: Learn about the water cycle and have your little one complete this cut & paste activity.
8 MATH ACTIVITIES:
1. Snowflake Ten Frame: Your little one will choose a card, count the snowflakes, and show that number on their ten frame. They can also write or use a magnetic number in the box at the top. Reviews numbers 0-10.
2. Counting Raindrops: Your little one will work on one-to-one correspondence by choosing a raindrop and adding the correct number of blue pom poms to the umbrella. Includes numbers 0-20.
3. Kite Subitizing: Have your little one choose a cloud number and find the matching hand, dice, and tally mark on the kites. Reviews numbers 1-10.
4. Weather Forecast: Practice patterns with this fun activity! Your little one will choose a pattern card and recreate the pattern on the Weather Forecast mat. Includes different types of patterns: AB, AAB, ABB, ABC, AABB, & ABCD (12 cards total).
5. What’s the Temperature?: This activity introduces your little one to counting by 10s while also having them determine which numbers are less than 50 and which numbers are more than 50. Includes thermometer cards for numbers 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, & 100.
6. Thermometer Measurement: Work on measurement (standard and nonstandard) by having your little one measure the red line on the thermometer. *You’ll use the thermometers from the What’s the Temperature? game.
7. Roll a Storm: Your little one will roll a die, name the number, and add the correct picture to their mat to create a storm. If they roll a 6, the storm is over and the rainbow appears!
8. Types of Clouds: Your little one will work on graphing by spinning the spinner, naming the cloud, and marking it off on their bar graph. Reviews cirrus, cumulus, stratus, and nimbus clouds.
4 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Rainbow Crafts: There are so many ways to make a rainbow! This pack includes a few different ideas.
2. Candy Rainbow: A fun science experiment that will leave your little ones mesmerized!
3. Cloud Watcher Painting: Head outside and paint some clouds!
4. Cloud Jello: The perfect sweet treat after learning all about weather!
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
Looking for MORE Thematic Activity Packs? I’ve got you covered!
- All About Me
- Community Helpers
- Way Out in Space
- Nocturnal Animals
- Fairy Tale Fun
- Under Construction
- A Day at the Zoo
- Things That Go
- Polar Habitats
- Nursery Rhymes
- Way Out West
- Dynamite Dinos
- What’s the Weather?
- Busy Bugs & Insects
- Extraordinary Earth
- Gardens That Grow
- Under the Sea
- Vets Love Pets
Or save time and money by choosing my Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs! You’ll save over 20%, which means you get 4 packs for FREE!
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.