EXTRAORDINARY EARTH PRESCHOOL ACTIVITY PACK
This Earth-themed activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles. It’s filled with 16 literacy & math printables plus 4 hands-on project ideas for a total of 20 amazing Earth activities!
Get the Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs and save over 20% (which means you get 4 packs for FREE!)
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
8 LITERACY ACTIVITIES:
1. Earth Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 landform-themed word cards. Each word comes in 2 fonts: traceable font and solid font. Also includes 3 activity pages for students to write these words if you choose to do a “Write the Room” activity with them and 1 page of pictures for them to “Color the Room.”
2. Extraordinary Earth Syllables: Use the 15 Earth Vocabulary Words and determine the amount of syllables in each word. Little ones will clap the syllables, use play dough to “smash” the syllables, and then write the number of syllables in each word.
3. CVC Landform Puzzles: Your little one will put each landform puzzle together and then sound out the CVC word. This is a great phonics activity since the picture does not go along with the word. So little ones will have to rely on sounding out each word in order to read them. Includes 15 puzzles (3 puzzles per short vowel).
4. Freshwater vs. Saltwater Animal Sort: Teach your little one all about different kinds of animals…those that live in/around freshwater and those that live in/around saltwater. Includes 20 animals, a large “Freshwater” mat, and a large “Saltwater” mat (mats not pictured).
5. Continents Match: Your little one will learn all about the 7 continents with this activity! Comes in 3 different levels: 1) map & continents are blank; 2) map and continents include numbers to make matching easier; 3) map & continents include the names of the continents.
6. Letters & Numbers Volcano Writing: Your little one WILL love this activity! Create a volcano by taping the cutout to either a tissue box or a bag. Then have your little one pull out a letter or number card and write it in their volcano writing tray! Includes numbers A-Z in uppercase and lowercase and numbers 0-20.
7. Landform Spinner: Practice beginning sounds in a fun, hands-on way with this activity. Your little one will use a paperclip & pencil to create a spinner. Once they spin it, they will name the landform the spinner is pointing at and find the corresponding beginning sound on their paper. Includes 2 different landform spinner games.
8. Volcano Life Cycle: Teach your little one about the life cycle of a volcano with this cut and paste activity. Have your little one cut/paste the volcanoes and draw their own to show the life cycle.
8 MATH ACTIVITIES:
1. Volcano Number Order: Have your little one choose a number and put it in the center of their mat. Then have them determine which number comes before/which number comes after. They will also build each number. Includes numbers 0-20 and a number line in case you want to introduce that as a tool for figuring out the correct answer.
2. Mountains or Hills Shapes: Your little one will sort 2D shapes into “pointy like mountains” or “rounded like hills.” They can also sort letters with this mat! Includes circles, ovals, pentagons, triangles, squares, rhombuses, rectangles, parallelograms, trapezoids, hexagons, stars, and crescent moons.
3. Shape Bingo: Your little one will play Shape Bingo using the 2D shapes from the Mountains or Hills Shapes sorting activity. Includes 4 different Bingo boards, which makes this perfect to use in a classroom setting!
4. Colorful Mountains: Work on color recognition and reading color words with this activity. Your little one will color the mountains the correct colors. They can either read the color words in color (for more support) or in black. Little ones can also cut out the mountains and put them in rainbow order as an extra challenge!
5. Tally and Graph Landforms: Your little ones will sort the Earth Vocabulary Words into “Land” and “Water.” Then they will use this information to create a tally chart and/or a bar graph.
6. Volcano Eruption: Little ones will practice one-to-one correspondence with this math activity. They will choose a volcano number and add that much “lava” to their volcano. They could use red pipe cleaners, red pom poms, black beans, or anything else you can think of to represent an eruption. Includes numbers 0-20.
7. Landform Measurement: Introduce nonstandard measurement with this activity. Your little one will use a manipulative (such as pom poms, black beans, or legos) and place them in a straight line between the landforms on the card. They will then count the number of items and record it on their paper. When they’re done, they can compare and see which landforms were furthest apart and which were closest together.
8. Layers of Earth: Teach your little one about the 4 layers of Earth with this activity. Ask them to color the picture to represent the layers of the Earth. Then have the write the number 4 in the box. (Your little one will also use this page when doing the Layers of Earth play dough activity. See below for more details).
4 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Erupting Volcano: Your little one will LOVE making their very own volcano.
2. Edible Landforms Snack: This delicious snack doubles as a way to teach about landforms.
3. Contact Paper Earth: Make your very own Earth out of contact paper and tissue paper. It looks so pretty in the sun!
4. Layers of Earth Play Dough: A fun, hands-on way to teach little ones about the 4 layers of Earth.
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
Looking for MORE Thematic Activity Packs? I’ve got you covered!
- All About Me
- Community Helpers
- Way Out in Space
- Nocturnal Animals
- Fairy Tale Fun
- Under Construction
- A Day at the Zoo
- Things That Go
- Polar Habitats
- Nursery Rhymes
- Way Out West
- Dynamite Dinos
- What’s the Weather?
- Busy Bugs & Insects
- Extraordinary Earth
- Gardens That Grow
- Under the Sea
- Vets Love Pets
Or save time and money by choosing my Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs! You’ll save over 20%, which means you get 4 packs for FREE!
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.