THINGS THAT GO PRESCHOOL ACTIVITY PACK
This transportation activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles who love all things that go! It’s filled with 16 literacy & math printables plus 4 hands-on project ideas for a total of 20 amazing activities!
Get the Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs and save over 20% (which means you get 4 packs for FREE!)
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
8 LITERACY ACTIVITIES:
1. Transportation Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 vehicle word cards. Each word comes in 2 fonts: traceable font and solid font. Also includes 3 activity pages for students to write these words if you choose to do a “Write the Room” activity with them and 1 page of pictures for them to “Color the Room.”
2. Things That Go Dough: 10 fun and colorful play dough mats to create different types of vehicles. Includes a traceable word on each mat so your little one can practice letter formation, too.
3. Things That Go Syllables: Your little one will sort the words into 4 groups: 1, 2, 3, or 4, syllable words. Then they will sort them by type of vehicle in the upper left-hand corner (air, water, or land). Includes 24 picture cards.
4. Transportation Decoding: These decoding activities are so much fun! Your little one will use the key to decode different words (CVC words or vocabulary words). Includes 15 different words to decode.
5. Steering Wheel CVC Words: Your little one will create their own CVC words by spinning the spinners & building the word (or writing the word) in the box. Then they can practice saying each sound and blending the sounds together to read the word.
6. If I Could Fly on an Airplane: This writing prompt is great for beginning drawing and writing practice. Your little one will answer the prompt with a picture and a word or sentence, depending on what is developmentally appropriate for them.
7. Spot the Difference: Includes 9 different picture strips. Your little one will look at the pictures and determine which one is different. This activity is great for visual discrimination, one of the most important precursors to reading.
8. Train Track Tracing: Includes 6 different train tracks that your little one can trace with their finger, pencil, play dough, mini erasers, and/or their own small toy train!
8 MATH ACTIVITIES:
1. 2D Shapes Train Memory Game: Practice 2D shapes in a fun way with this memory game! Includes heart, oval, circle, pentagon, diamond, rectangle, hexagon, star, crescent, trapezoid, octagon, and triangle.
2. Animal Bus Ten Frame: Help your little one learn different ways to make 10. They will choose a card, build the math problem, and fill in the ten frame on the bus. Includes 11 cards.
3. Measure the Distance: Introduce standard and nonstandard units of measurement this activity. Includes 6 different lines to measure.
4. Number Bonds in the Sky: Introduce number bonds with this activity. Includes two mats (number bonds with 5 and number bonds with 10) and cloud numbers 0-10.
5. Train Patterns: Your little one will love building patterns out of these colorful train cars! They will choose a pattern card and create/extend that pattern on the train mat. Includes 12 pattern cards that practice patterns AB, AAB, ABB, ABC, AABB, and ABCD.
6. Things That Go Game: This board game will help your little one practice subitizing, one-to-one correspondence, taking turns, and sorting vehicles into air, land, and water.
7. Count the Lifeboats: This activity practices numbers 1-12. Your little one will choose a card, trace the number word and numeral, and count out the correct number of lifeboats.
8. Race to 18: This game practices numbers 1-18 and allows your little one to race their car across the road to the finish line! The cars are on clothespins which is great fine motor practice, too.
4 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Traffic Light Name Craft: Such a fun (and easy) name craft that would be perfect for this unit!
2. Red Light, Green Light With Name: A twist on the classic game Red Light, Green Light that has little ones practice the letters in their name.
3. Sink or Float: A hands-on way to experiment with the scientific concepts of sink and float.
4. Paper Airplanes: Your little ones will LOVE making their own paper airplanes to fly!
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
Looking for MORE Thematic Activity Packs? I’ve got you covered!
- All About Me
- Community Helpers
- Way Out in Space
- Nocturnal Animals
- Fairy Tale Fun
- Under Construction
- A Day at the Zoo
- Things That Go
- Polar Habitats
- Nursery Rhymes
- Way Out West
- Dynamite Dinos
- What’s the Weather?
- Busy Bugs & Insects
- Extraordinary Earth
- Gardens That Grow
- Under the Sea
- Vets Love Pets
Or save time and money by choosing my Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs! You’ll save over 20%, which means you get 4 packs for FREE!
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.