WAY OUT IN SPACE PRESCHOOL ACTIVITY PACK
This space-themed activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles. It’s filled with 16 literacy & math printables plus 4 hands-on project ideas for a total of 20 amazing space activities!
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
Get the Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs and save over 20% (which means you get 4 packs for FREE!)
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
8 LITERACY ACTIVITIES:
1. Space Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 space-themed word cards. Each word comes in 2 fonts: traceable font and solid font. Also includes 3 activity pages for students to write these words if you choose to do a “Write the Room” activity with them and 1 page of pictures for them to “Color the Room.”
2. Decode Your Space Missions: Decode the picture cards by using the alphabet key. See the message NASA is sending you about your next space mission! Includes 15 decodable cards.
3. Phases of the Moon Sequence: Teach your little one about the phases of the moon with this activity! Includes a Phases of the Moon mat, matching picture cards, and 5 sequence cards (for them to figure out which phase is missing from the card & add it in!)
4. Lift Off to Outer Space Trace & Cut: Work on fine motor skills by having your little one help the rocket ship get to the corresponding planet! There are 2 pages with 5 lines each (total of 10 lines). Can use them as tracing or cutting lines.
5. Rocket Rhymes: Help the person or animal in the rocket ship by gathering all of the rhyming words for them to take to space! Includes 5 rockets, and each rocket has 3 rhyming words to go along with it.
6. Spaceship ABCs: Work on visual discrimination and letter matching with this activity! Your little one will find all of the matching letters on the letter strip and mark them off somehow (hole puncher, marker, small manipulative, clothespin, etc.) Includes all the letters of the alphabet!
7. Space Dough: Your little one will LOVE creating different space-themed pictures out of play dough! Includes 8 play dough mats.
8. Sun Beginning Sounds: Work on beginning sounds with this matching activity! Your little one will match the letter with the correct picture. Includes all letters of the alphabet.
8 MATH ACTIVITIES:
1. Fly Your Rocket Ship to Outer Space Math: Your little one can work on colors, even/odd, number recognition, and ten frame subitizing with this activity! Includes numbers 0-20 as both numerals and ten frames.
2. Planet Size Order: Teach your little one about the size order of the planets with this activity. Includes both clip art pictures and more realistic pictures so your little one can also practicing matching.
3. Pack for Space: Pretend your little one is an astronaut and they need to pack for space! They’ll choose a card and pack that many items (hammers, magnifying glasses, and space books). Includes 30 packing cards.
4. Alien Patterns: Work on patterns with the cutest aliens around! Includes 5 duplicate/extend pattern cards, 5 find the missing alien pattern cards, and 8 create a new pattern card. Also includes all of the aliens to complete your patterns.
5. Planet Shapes: Teach your little one about 9 basic 2D shapes with this activity. They can match the shape cards to the shape planets, trace the shapes, or create them out of play dough!
6. Super Star Addition: Little ones can begin learning about addition with this super activity! Includes the mat plus yellow stars for counting, or use your own if you have glow-in-the-dark stars.
7. Planet Temperature Clip Cards: Teach your little ones about the hottest and coldest planets in space! Includes cards with each planet’s average temperature according to NASA, plus 8 clip cards for them to compare two planets’ temperatures.
8. Less Than, More Than: Work on identifying numbers less than 5 or 10 and more than 5 or 10. Tell your little one that any astronaut with more than 5 or 10 gets to go to outer space, but any astronaut with less than 5 or 10 is grounded to Earth.
4 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Moon Dough: Your little one will LOVE exploring the texture of moon dough.
2. Marble Planet Painting: This art activity is SO much fun and turns out super pretty.
3. 5-4-3-2-1 Lift Off Gross Motor Game: Get your little one up and moving AND practicing counting backwards with this fun gross motor game.
4. Galaxy Sensory Bag: Work on letter recognition, spelling your name, or other skills with a hands-on sensory bag.
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
Looking for MORE Thematic Activity Packs? I’ve got you covered!
- All About Me
- Community Helpers
- Way Out in Space
- Nocturnal Animals
- Fairy Tale Fun
- Under Construction
- A Day at the Zoo
- Things That Go
- Polar Habitats
- Nursery Rhymes
- Way Out West
- Dynamite Dinos
- What’s the Weather?
- Busy Bugs & Insects
- Extraordinary Earth
- Gardens That Grow
- Under the Sea
- Vets Love Pets
Or save time and money by choosing my Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs! You’ll save over 20%, which means you get 4 packs for FREE!
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.