FAIRY TALE FUN PRESCHOOL ACTIVITY PACK
This fairy tale activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles. It’s filled with 16 literacy & math printables plus 4 hands-on project ideas for a total of 20 amazing activities!
Get the Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs and save over 20% (which means you get 4 packs for FREE!)
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
FAIRY TALE ACTIVITIES:
This pack reviews 7 different fairy tales. Inside the pack, I’ve included links to You Tube read alouds for each fairy tale so you can review the story before doing the literacy & math activity for the day.
WHAT IS A FAIRY TALE?
1. Fairy Tale Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 fairy tale word cards. Each word comes in 2 fonts: traceable font and solid font. Also includes 3 activity pages for students to write these words if you choose to do a “Write the Room” activity with them and 1 page of pictures for them to “Color the Room.”
2. Counting On: Have your little one choose a card and count on from the number on the card (without having to start back at 1). Includes cards with numbers 0-9.
JACK & THE BEANSTALK
3. Beanstalk Syllables: Your little one will sort the words into 1 syllable words and 2 syllable words. Includes 15 words.
4. The Hen and the Golden Eggs: Have your little one choose a hen and count out the correct number of golden eggs. Includes numbers 1-12, which fit perfectly inside an egg carton!
THE LITTLE RED HEN
5. The Little Red Hen Sequencing: This cut/paste activity will give your little one a chance to retell the story and put the events in the correct order.
6. The Little Red Hen Dominoes: This is a super fun game that will help your little one practice subitizing and matching. Includes 21 dominoes.
HANSEL & GRETEL
7. Candy Letter Sort: Have your little one sort the letters into uppercase and lowercase. They can also sort in other ways, such as straight lines vs. curved lines, holes vs. no holes, in my name vs. not in my name, etc. Includes 26 uppercase and 26 lowercase letters.
8. Play Dough Candy House: Have your little one roll the die and add play dough “candy” to the candy house. Great for fine motor strength as well as subitizing and colors practice.
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
9. Little Red Riding Hood Beginning Sounds: Your little one will roll two cubes and determine if the two pictures have the same beginning sound. They can also keep track of their rolls by using the tally chart that’s included.
10. The Path to Grandma’s House: This fun activity can be used in so many ways! Students can use paper clips to practice nonstandard measurement, cut the lines with scissors, trace the lines with a marker, or use play dough to form the lines. Includes 6 different cards.
THE THREE BILLY GOATS GRUFF
11. Across the Bridge Rhyming Game: I love including board games in preschool units because they are so much fun! You and your little one will try to get the billy goats safely to the other side of the river by coming up with rhyming words. But beware of the troll under the bridge!
12. Greater Than, Less Than Goats: Your little one will be introduced to the concepts of “greater than,” “less than,” and “equal to” by counting the goats and comparing them. Includes numbers 1-10.
GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS
13. Papa Bear & Mama Bear Opposites Sort: Build oral vocabulary with this opposites activity. Your little one will match up the pairs of opposites and then decide who likes what (Papa Bear or Mama Bear). Includes 7 pairs of opposites.
14. Chase After Goldilocks: Tell your little one that the 3 bears are chasing after Golidlocks, and you want to see who will reach her first! Have them spin the spinner and fill in the graph to race to the top.
THE THREE LITTLE PIGS
15. Build a CVC Word: The 3 little pigs build houses, but your little one will build CVC words & practice reading them. Includes 12 different CVC words and matching pictures.
16. Ways to Build 10: Have your little one choose a card and build the number 10 using manipulatives on a ten frame. (They will use red for bricks, brown for sticks, and yellow for straw). Includes 12 cards with a variety of ways to make 10.
4 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Little Red Hen’s Banana Bread: Delicious banana bread recipe to bake together, just like Little Red Hen!
2. Hansel & Gretel’s Forest Path: Walk on different paths through the forest, but don’t get lost like Hansel and Gretel!
3. Billy Goat’s Bridge: Challenge your little one to build a bridge for the billy goats to cross the river.
4. Little Pig’s House: Can your little one build a strong house for the little pig? Offer different supplies and see what they come up with!
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
Looking for MORE Thematic Activity Packs? I’ve got you covered!
- All About Me
- Community Helpers
- Way Out in Space
- Nocturnal Animals
- Fairy Tale Fun
- Under Construction
- A Day at the Zoo
- Things That Go
- Polar Habitats
- Nursery Rhymes
- Way Out West
- Dynamite Dinos
- What’s the Weather?
- Busy Bugs & Insects
- Extraordinary Earth
- Gardens That Grow
- Under the Sea
- Vets Love Pets
Or save time and money by choosing my Themes Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my thematic packs! You’ll save over 20%, which means you get 4 packs for FREE!
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.