TURKEY DAY HOORAY! PRESCHOOL MINI ACTIVITY PACK
This Thanksgiving-themed activity pack is perfect for your preschool & pre-k littles. It’s filled with 8 literacy & math printables plus 2 hands-on project ideas for a total of 10 amazing Thanksgiving activities!
*Please note: This unit does not include mention of the First Thanksgiving, Pilgrims, or Native Americans.
These activities, which can be used in your homeschool preschool or your early childhood classroom, are designed to help your little ones build beginning literacy & math skills that will prepare them for success in kindergarten and beyond!
All activities come in both full color and black/white options. I’ve also included directions for 3 levels of learners: Voyagers, Explorers, and Inventors. That way, you can find the best way to use these activities depending on your little one’s level.
*Get the Holiday Preschool Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my holiday packs and save over 20% (which means you get 2 packs for FREE!)
4 LITERACY ACTIVITIES:
1. Thanksgiving Vocabulary Words: Includes 15 Thanksgiving-themed word cards plus a “Find and Color” page.
2. Pumpkin Sensory Bag Writing: Ditch the traditional paper and pencils…have your little ones practice writing their letters on a sensory bag! Includes all uppercase and lowercase letters on cute pumpkins, which you can also turn into a letter matching game.
3. Feed the Turkey Rhymes: Your little one will identify the 2 pictures on the pie slice. If the pictures rhyme, they’ll feed the pie slice to the turkey! If the pictures don’t rhyme, they won’t. You can also cut the turkey out and attach it to a square tissue box to make this even more fun! Includes 24 pie slices.
4. Race to the Top: Spin the spinner and trace the corresponding letter. This game helps your little ones practice beginning letter sounds and letter writing skills. If you don’t have a spinner, your little one can use a pencil & paper clip instead.
4 MATH ACTIVITIES:
1. Count the Feathers Clip Cards: Your little one will count the feathers on the turkey and mark off the correct answer with a clothespin. No clothespins? No problem! They can use a small manipulative, such as a bean, to mark off the correct answer. Includes numbers 0-10.
2. Where’s the Turkey? 2D Shapes: Have your little one slide the slider so only one turkey is showing in the barn. Then have them find the corresponding shape card and place it on top. Includes 10 shapes: circle, rectangle, diamond, square, triangle, pentagon, rhombus, hexagon, octagon, and trapezoid.
3. Roll a Thanksgiving Dinner: Your little one will roll a die and find the corresponding food item to place on their plate. The first one to get all the food items on their plate wins! Great way to practice subitizing and counting.
4. Share the Pumpkin Pie: Have your little one choose a pie card, then recreate that pie on the mat. They could use pumpkin play dough, orange pom poms, or orange construction paper. Then help them write an addition sentence.
2 HANDS-ON ACTIVITY IDEAS (no printables, just directions):
1. Turkey Feather Patterns: This adorable craft is a great Thanksgiving decoration, plus it gives your little ones a chance to practice patterns. Win win!
2. Pumpkin Pie Play Dough: If you haven’t made Pumpkin Pie play dough yet, you’re going to LOVE it! Not only is it fun, but it smells SO good!
Please see the pictures in the preview above before purchasing!
You can also see a video of these games in action HERE.
Looking for Holiday Activity Packs for your preschooler? I’ve got you covered!
- Valentine’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Earth Day
- Thanksgiving (You are here)
*When you buy the Holiday Preschool Activity BUNDLE with ALL of my holiday packs, you save over 20% (which means you get 2 packs for FREE!)
REMINDER: This product is a digital download. Nothing will be shipped. As this product is digital, all sales are final & no refunds will be issued. If you have any questions about this pack, feel free to contact me before purchasing: [email protected].
Erin | Littles Love Learning
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and already installed on most computers. Please make sure you have the capability to open this download before purchasing.
- To print, please save this download to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then print. Do not print from your web browser.
- Make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated to the latest version.